Saturday, March 29, 2008

Easy Broccoli Salad

As much as possible, I want to try recipes with minimal amount of ingredients and less time preparation involved - as simple as possible, but would still give you the superb taste you wanted. :) I know I should eat lots of greens or veggies since I am pregnant, but for some reason, I have really been very finicky with veggies, most particularly with salads. In fact, the only salad I can eat at this time is Broccoli Salad. I have found a great-tasting recipe that has become a favorite of my husband and I. I just made a few variations, though. This is so simple and easy to prepare. :)

Ingredients:
fresh broccoli florets - 2 bunches, cut up into bite sized pieces
onion - 1/4 cup, chopped finely (use your judgment on the amount)
bacon - 1 lb, crisp and crumbled
raisins - 1/2 cup ( I usually chop my raisins in half. )

*Combine above ingredients and toss with dressing.

Dressing:
1 1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. vinegar
1/2 sugar

*Whisk together the above ingredients and pour over salad mixture.

Ain't that easy? Try it! You'll love it! *wink*wink* :)

3 comments:

TroubleX2 said...

Don't feel bad about the greens thing. I'm not pregnant and can't hardly eat them. ha ha! JK When I was pregnant it was guacamole or watermelon. Those were my cravings. Thank goodness it wasn't chocolate icecream or cake!

Marilyn Christian said...

Hi,
To install the badge of ppp direct is you have to log on the payperpost, click the ppp tools, then select the payperpost direct offer. Scroll down then you can see the badge html there, copy it and paste it in your add page element. you're all set.

Shimumsy said...

brocolli...hhmmmm. that's my daughter's favorite. she could eat even it's only steamed. she calls it a "tree"

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin