Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Kaiden's 1st Month Check Up

Yesterday was Kaiden's 1st month check-up. His weight and height fall into the 80th percentile meaning he weighs and stands more than 80% of babies his age, which I assume is good. Everything went well except for his nasal congestion and cough. He wasn't given antibiotics for his lungs are clear and he doesn't have any fever or ear infection, although he needs to be nebulized before bedtime for 3-5 days. Doctor said he might have the same thing as his brother. Noah, his older brother, has asthma. He gets 2 puffs of inhalant 2x a day. It's painful and it breaks my heart to see my babies having difficulty breathing as if gasping for air whenever they cough. Like most mothers, I wish I could just suck in their suffering and let Mommy carry the burden instead. Nasty cough! haaayyy




4 comments:

DebbieDana said...

Hi baby Kaiden! You're soooooooooo gwapo! I would love to pinch your cheeks, hehe.

Sheila, I understand how you feel. It's really hard to see our babies suffer like that especially that they're still babies. I hope that baby Kaiden will soon feel alot better without the nasal congestion and cough! I know he will! On the other hand, I am happy to hear that he had a good 1st check up. He has grown bigger and everyday, he is looking more like his equally handsome big brother Noah! :)

DebbieDana said...

I'm sorry....I should say, 1st month check up! my bad...

Unknown said...

I so agree! We really invested on buying a nebulizer. You know how expensive these therapeutic gadgets are in the Phils. But we parents also suffer whenever they catch bad colds. My two kids were checked in the hospital twice already for pneumonia. Very Expensive! Health is wealth indeed!

JLaine said...

HI Shiela!! It has really been a long time since I last visited you here! Nanganak ka na pala and your babay is such a CUTEEE!! wow!!

Take care and rest well...

Lalaine's World
From Asia and Beyond
Day to Day Miracles

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin