Thursday, March 26, 2009

It's the Tomato Season!

I grew up eating vegetables. I remember my grandmother growing fruit and vegetables in her huge, beautiful garden. When I was little, I'd always enjoyed going to her place for she'd let me help her tend the garden, and pick some fresh veggies for our meal that day. Oh, visiting her was always a wonderful experience for me as a child! And when it's about to go home, my Mom and I would always have a basket full of fresh picks such as eggplants, squash, tomatoes, bitter gourds, etc. to take home with us. Nothing beats freshly picked vegetables!

I have always wanted to have my own veggie garden at our back yard. That's one of my dreams that have taken a backseat for a while since I have 2 little kids. Yesterday, I asked my husband how I could possibly grow tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, without the dogs destroying them. You know, we have two crazy dogs- a Chocolate Lab and a Jack Russell Terrier. Both love to chew whatever seems interesting to them. Of course, if I want plump, healthy tomatoes, I would also need an organic tomato growing kit. It comes with a great tool called Stake It Easy which helps support each branch that grows. It's the season for growing tomatoes and the OMRI listed organic Safer brand Tomato and Vegetable gardening kit is a must. I wouldn't want insects such beetles, aphids, or caterpillars crawling my plants and killing them. Because it doesn't have chemicals that are harmful, and which most brands normally have, Safer Brand is certainly the best choice for a pest-free yard.

Post?slot_id=

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin