Saturday, June 6, 2009

Thank God!

Whew! I'm so glad that I was able to fix our printer. I had spent hours working on it. At first, I thought it was because two of the inks were low. The black one was, and was actually empty. I took a chance in having it refilled for the first time instead of replacing it with a new cartridge. Refilling costs a lot less. How long it will last? That I still have to see. Among all the inks, refilling a black ink is the most expensive (as told by the salesperson). The cyan was low, although not totally empty. But, because the printer wasn't working as it should, I thought, perhaps it had to be refilled as well. I got home hoping it would work. Nah! Nothing would still print. So... I played with the computer, doing everything over and over again such as reinstalling the software, checking the cables, etc. etc... No avail. Until... There were 2 icons of Epson printer that were showing in the printer window. I kept on deleting the one that had the word "copy1", and kept the Epson icon that I chose as the default printer. Well, I did the opposite this time. I deleted the original icon and kept the other one that said "Epson..copy1", and assigned it as my new default printer. It worked! How that made sense? I don't have a clue.... But, thank God...printer is working fine now. :)

See, I'm going to make Kaiden's 1st birthday cake. I'm planning to put a collage of his pictures on top of the cake. For me to do that, I had to print them from our computer, apparently. That's the ultimate reason I was desperate to have the printer working... oh yeah... :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin