Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Noah's Breathing Treatment

I have taken a leave from work for the entire week because Noah's daycare provider is sick with flu and pneumonia. I guess it's a good thing for me so I can do my blogging and visit my blog friends during these days I'm at home. Better take advantage of it. :)But, on the other hand, I really need to stay home because my darling baby is sick with cough. He has been coughing terribly, but not like the nasty croup that he had several weeks ago. He's wheezing and his breathing seems tight. Of course, night time is worse for cough. The doctor had to see him yesterday and he decided to put him on a breathing treatment. He let us bring home the nebulizer which would help him breathe easier. How it works is you place the medicine, Albuterol, in a nebulizer cup which is attached to the machine through a plastic tube. As soon as you turn it on, the air passes through the tube and the cup which forms into a mist. The child breathes the mist using a mask or a mouthpiece. As for Noah, he doesn't have to use the mask nor put the mouthpiece into his mouth. He just needs to breathe in the mist that comes out of the mouthpiece which then goes through his lungs for more relaxed breathing. At the same time, he is also taking Azithromycin once a day for bacterial infection. Oh, poor baby. I pray that this would just be temporary and not something he has to live with the rest of his life. :(





1 comment:

TroubleX2 said...

Awwww...poor baby :( My daughter has exercise-induced asthma because she had pneumonia twice when she was little. It sucks! She doesn't have to do breathing treatments. My nephew does, and sometimes has those middle of the night runs to the hospital. Makes us all crazy when that happens. Did you know my son's name is Caden? I love the name. It's not very common, and I hope it doesn't get that way.
Hope the little one gets better soon!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin