Friday, August 29, 2008

Back to Work!

Yes, you read that right. Last week, I went back to the workforce. It was sooner than originally planned. What happened was, week before that, my good manager called asking if I could possibly go back to work, be "physically" present in the office ( as she termed it). After I gave birth, I decided to work at home for some hours while I'm on maternity leave. I've been doing medical billing. She had my computer hooked up to the system in the office. However, things happened that would need my presence in the office. There are 2 doctors coming on board and I happen to handle the credentialing, licenses, etc. My husband and I discussed about the pros and cons before I went back to work last week. My boss gave me a reasonable offer that could cover daycare expenses and still leave some for other expenses such as baby's necessities. You see, daycare is expensive especially with 2 kids. We agreed on certain terms. I only report to the office 3x a week for 5-6 hours. The rest of the days, I could do work at home for a few hours. I thought it was a good set-up. That way, I can still spend valuable time with my babies, take care of my family, which is a priority, no matter what. :)

3 comments:

PinayWAHM said...

Hi Mommy....

I think it's good set-up as well. You can always quit [hehehe] if you feel you're missing the boys too much.

Mommy J

Shimumsy said...

that's a nice deal mommy.
thanks for the visit. well, everything is ok at my end. hope likewise with you esp the kids. have a wonderful holiday weekend.

DebbieDana said...

WOW Sheila, it's a very good set-up indeed! You're lucky to have a very understanding boss! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin