Saturday, November 22, 2008

My Saving Adventure- Trip to Price Chopper

I went to Price Chopper today and got the following items.

Bounty 8-roll paper towel- sale for 5.99 + coupon
Spaghetti
Libby's Sweet Corn (3)- sale for 49c each + coupon
WMS Cajun Taco Seasoning
Jet Puff Marschmallows- sale for 99c
Stove Top Stuffing (4)- sale for 79c each + coupon
Kraft Singles (2)- 2 for 4 + coupon
Pillsbury Pie Crust (2)- sale for 2 for 5 + coupon
Cool Whipped Topping- sale for 78c- my coupon was worth $1.00 so I actually had a 22c credit for this :)
Celery- sale for 49c
Banana
Sweet Potato- sale for 49c
Tomato Roma

I got most of them on sale plus the $6.00 worth of coupons I had with me for added savings. For 22 items, I only paid $26.76, tax included. I saved a grand total of $16.82. I could have stocked up on whipped topping since we use this often for our pancakes, but I only had 1 coupon. Before the sale ends, I would have to print or clip more coupons for this, and don't even have to pay a single cent. :)

Every trip to the store, I learn new things on how to save more. Previously, I have learned to plan my grocery shopping by listing the things we use on sale, and preparing the coupons that go with them. In other words, using coupons for items that are already on sale. To save more, I have learned to combine store coupons and manufacturer coupons for stores like Walgreens. With this trip, I realized I should have brought more coupons for the same item if I plan to stock up on it, like the whipped topping. Well, I'm enjoying this adventure. There's still a lot of things to learn along the way. Anyway, happy saving to everyone! :)

To view deals or items on sale for Price Chopper, you can either check their circular usually inserted in newspaper, or you can go to their site mypricechopper.com.

To get coupons, go to couponmom.com.

4 comments:

Youngest said...

smart shopper mom! tc!

MOMnificent said...

hi! mommy sheila, u are a smart shopper. Iba talaga mga Pinay pagdating sa pagtipid may diskarte talaga. O dba. Ingat mommy.

Bella Sweet Cakes said...

Hi Shiela,, Good on yah!!! way to go ..
BTW you'vebeen tagged here http://aussietalks.com/2008/12/just-me-tag.html

DebbieDana said...

Oh I use dicount coupons too! It really is a huge savings!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin