Thursday, May 1, 2008

What a Heavenly Experience!

I can't tell you how much relaxed I felt after a soothing massage yesterday. It felt like heaven! :) My good boss and associates at work surprised me with a gift certificate for a prenatal massage at Mario Tricoci. They set up an appointment date for me, and even took me there and picked me up as well. The massage therapist was so warm and friendly, and she seemed so skilled at what she does. The room had low lightening and the background music was soft and almost hypnotic. Initially, she asked me to lie down on my back with a pillow underneath my knees. Then, she started massaging my head down to my neck and shoulders. Oh, that felt so good! After that, she did my arms and legs. I felt a little bit tickled on my feet though. :) Lastly, she asked me to lie on my side and hug a full-length body pillow for support. She gently rubbed my back, focusing on the lower part. Since my belly has been getting bigger, it also has been putting much strain on my back. I have been suffering from backaches for a couple of weeks, and the massage surely helped relieve the discomfort. At the end, she told me to drink lots of water to aid in the release of toxins from my body. After the experience, I felt so renewed, and I almost didn't want to get up! In short, I loved it! :)

8 comments:

PinayWAHM said...

Hey Mommy...

Good for you. Your co-workers are indeed very thoughtful for doing that for you. It only shows how much they appreciate you as their co-worker. I miss having co-workers.....

More massages in the future maybe?

Good night...

Mommy J

lispeth said...

Hello, now I’m back to blogging and hopping, I hope you are waiting for my visit. Take care and God bless. Bye!

desperateblogger said...

a massage now and then is really good for the body. you have thoughtful co-workers!

Maya said...

Great that you have friends like them. sweet!!

Elda Carlson said...

doing my rounds here! have a wonderful weekend! http://www.fishhookandmore.com/

Marilyn Christian said...

i was looking your messages box here, i couldn't find it...

Shimumsy said...

they are really friends to be kept. you're lucky.

DebbieDana said...

That was so nice of your co-workers..

You deserve the massage anyway! Im sure it helped alot on your body and maybe wanting for more? :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin