Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Cool And Comfortable

Last Saturday, we went to a berry patch with some friends and their kids. We were supposed to meet as early as 6:30 in the morning, but ended up meeting 2 hours later instead. It could get too hot in the farm when you go there later than 9:00 a.m. To get there, it takes about 25 minutes. I had not been there before. It was my first time as well as the kids so we were all excited. It was raining hard the night before that we thought the plan would be canceled. Oh, I'm glad it stopped that night. There were lightnings and loud thunder that woke me up every now and then. Noah and Kaiden seemed not to have been bothered at all. They slept peacefully and wasn't awakened by the loudness of it. Although, Kaiden still wakes up pretty much every night, but it's more because he's teething. So, I was going over their clothes for them to wear for the berry picking. I wanted something that's cool and comfortable. A white shirt and a pair khaki pants are perfect!




That day, I thought I got everything we needed. I packed some snacks, water bottles, etc. When we were there, a mom reminded me to put sunscreen on the kids. Of course, I forgot! Since we go there a bit late, it did get too hot. Needless to say, I had to cut short our berry picking. But, we enjoyed it especially Noah who was able to pick a half bucket of berries.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin