Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My Garden In Progress


First of all, I thank my hubby for making this possible. I wanted to have my own garden, but I didn't know how and where to start. And, I was also hesitant in the beginning for we have two crazy dogs that could ruin it after all the hard work. But, he thought of making a "cage" so they couldn't get on it. He had already done the frame. It's not complete yet, but I'm not in a hurry. While waiting, I decided to plant some veggie seeds indoors. I initially put them in tray containers. After a week, the tomato seeds and green beans have started to grow (see photos above). Yohooo! I only hope they don't stop from growing. I don't know if I would have luck with peppers though. I planted them at the same time as the tomatoes and the beans and I haven't seen any seedling sprouting yet (not losing hope here). Later that week, I planted some carrot seeds. I'm crossing my fingers on that. :)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, vegetable garden! I used to have mine too when I was in the US. In fact last year, I harvested lots of veggies from my garden in TX like okra, tomatoes, squash, ampalaya, etc. It was so rewarding.

BTW, I didn't see my link here. Kindly link me back coz you are linked in my blog My Online Journal.

J said...

you have an early start with your garden.lucky you. here in NY, there is still the danger of frost.

good luck with your garden!

juliana
http://julianasworld.com

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin