Sunday, September 7, 2008

My Boys' Check-Up


Last week, Noah and Kaiden had their well-child check up- 18th and 2nd mo respectively. Both of them had 2 shots each, DTap and MMR for Noah, DTap and Hib plus an oral vaccine for Kaiden. I believe that's the Rotavirus. Oh, it was heart breaking. Before leaving home, 30 minutes prior to their check-up, I gave them Tylenol, as advised by our doctor to prepare them for the shots. :( Kaiden, who was sleeping, woke up and cried from the shots but he went back to sleep soon after they were given. Noah SCREAMED when he was poked. The nurse said that the MMR vaccine stings so I guess he felt that. My husband was the one who had to hold Noah that time. He felt horrible for both of the little boys like Mommy. I think he had more of a hard time dealing with it than I did. I just told him we just had to remind ourselves that it's for their own benefit. As for their stats, Noah falls on the 25th percentile for weight, and 75th percentile for height. Kaiden, on the other hand, falls on the 75th percentile for both weight and height.

By the way, as soon as we got home, Noah was back to his old rambunctious self- jumping, galloping, laughing hard with Daddy, as if nothing happened. :)

1 comment:

DebbieDana said...

Hi Sheila! I know it is really hard on our part as parents to see our kids hurt...but i'm glad to hear that your handsome boys' check up went well and it seems like they are on the right track....very healthy! Congratulations to you and your husband for being great parents to them! Hugs to Noah and Kaiden.... :)


Debbie

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin