Saturday, August 1, 2009

My Daily Devotion

Tonight, I got to read my Daily Devotions from the Psalms. After an exhausting day of taking care of the kids, (and dogs and cat), working, completing household chores- cleaning, cooking, doing laundry, gardening, etc. etc., reading an inspirational page from the book each day has become a de-stresser for me. If not at night time, I try to read what's for the day every time I get a chance such as when the boys get a nap in the afternoon. I like how the Psalm verse is explained through a story that most people can relate. I also do like the small prayer that goes with it, simple, inspiring and makes you think about your own life.

For today, here's the prayer from the book which I hope could uplift your spirit and ease your burdens. :)

"Lord, be my anchor and support. When the day gets too rough, help me to remember that I am firmly established in Your Spirit and in Your love. Amen."

Kaiden's hands seem like in prayer

9 comments:

Mylene said...

Hello mommy Shiela,

I also love the book of Psalms and Proverbs. These books are inspiring for morning devotion because of the verses' promises and instructions.

Thanks for sharing! Have a great weekend!

A.Marie said...

Good Morning! Stop by my blog; I have something for you! :)

Chris said...

so cute! :D

cherie said...

what a beautiful baby. i want to thank you before i sleep for having visited my site..i shall be back in the am. kisses to the little one, blessedmom.

Unknown said...

Hi, Just visiting you after a long time! Visit me back!

Krishna, DesktopGirls (http://desktopgirls.bravejournal.com/)

The Guy's Perspective said...

Cute pic!

When any of THE GUYS tell me it's harder to go to work than stay home and raise the kids, I laugh.

All the best.
Bring Back Pluto

Daisy Soap Girl said...

I love the Psalms and proverbs too. I think that Psalm 37 is my favorite but 73 and 51 are next in line. I love your blog. So inspiring.

DebbieDana said...

I remember so well the first time I met Dana, he asked me about the book of Psalms and I couldn't say anything about it, what a shame! to think that I went to a catholic school before. But now, we make sure that we read the bible everyday together, even if it's just a verse or two...it's very inspiring!

Btw, sobrang cute ni Kaiden sa pic ha! Hugs to him please!!!

I'm doing fine, thanks for asking. I'm just so lazy lately that I always want to lay down..And yes, I could feel my baby's kicks already, ang likot likot nya, another little rascal in the making, hehe!

Hope everyone's doing well...Pakiss nga sa mga handsome kids mo, Noah and Kaiden!!


Debbie :)

Eng said...

oh such an adorable baby you have.and yes, his hands seems to be clasp together in prayer!

and yes! blessed mom! amen to the prayer! have a lovely weekend!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin