Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Epsom Salt For Your Plants

They say epsom salt does wonder to your plants. I got a big bag at Walmart for $2.89. Not expensive. They say epsom salt provides magnesium that sometimes gets washed off every time you water your plants. It makes your tomatoes grow bigger and healthier! Needless to say, I put epsom salt on my tomatoes, and Noah's as soon as I learned about it. I read that you can also use this on roses and azaleas. So, I did the same. I've read varied instructions though on how much you could put. Others say 1 tablespoon to a gallon, or 2 cups to a gallon, etc. Oh well...I read it won't hurt your plants so you need not worry much about the measurements. I sprinkled a tbsp around the base, I sprayed some on the plants themselves. Every other week, I have to do this. Oh, can't wait to see the results myself. More roses, bigger tomatoes... :)

3 comments:

DebbieDana said...

WOW! I'll try this epsom salt for our vegies too, very interesting ha! We're using miracle grow as of now...Thanks for sharing Mommy Sheila!


Debbie:)

PinayWAHM said...

This is interesting. I'll make sure to use it for my plants [after getting rid of all the pesky little creatures]....

Thanks for the tip Mommy!

Mommy J

Medical Information said...

Hey thanks for the tip. I would try it. Epsom salt is considered one of the most versatile household products. It has other benefits also like we can clean body with it, reduces itching, helps in blood circulation etc. To know some more benefits, refer Epsom salts

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin